Barksdale Global Power Museum Association
Welcome! Please climb aboard and strap yourself in for a high altitude adventure and join us to support one of the proudest and most historical treasures the Ark-La-Tex has to offer!
The Museum Association is not part of Barksdale AFB and is in fact a separate organization that operates independently and supports the Museum, however, the mission from the dedicated members of this association is to:
- As ambassadors, to generate interest, awareness, and education of the history and heraldry of the 2nd Bomb Wing and the Bomber to generations of all ages;
- Help preserve the aircraft and memorabilia on display in the museum and on the base grounds;
- Reach out and seek growth for membership of the Barksdale Global Power Museum at Barksdale in all the communities of Northwest Louisiana; and ensuring that the History of the Aerial Bombardment will forever be alive and well cared for at the Barksdale Global Power Museum!
So the Barksdale Global Power Museum is LOOKING FOR YOU, and is “actively recruiting” visitors of all ages, members, volunteers, financial supporters, and sponsors. Please consider helping this association preserve, rebuild, and grow with one of the proudest monumental places that really makes Bossier City a proud place to be – – – Barksdale Air Force Base, the 8th Air Force, and the support of the BARKSDALE GLOBAL POWER MUSEUM
Hours of Operation & Security Information
The museum is operating at our normal hours of 9:30am to 4:00pm, everyday except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day.
As a result of current world events, the Barksdale Global Power Museum is performing the following safeguards for our visitors:
- A Government issued ID, (Drivers License, Passport etc.) is required to gain entry at the gate entrance.
- All vehicles are subject to search.
- No backpacks, briefcases or large bags will be allowed in any buildings.
- Visitors please sign in upon entering the museum.
And don’t forget, the airpark is only ½ of your experience! Be sure to come inside the museum and experience The History of Aerial Bombardment!
Thank you for your support!
Directions to the Museum
The Barksdale Global Power Museum is located at: 88 Shreveport Rd, via North Gate Road Barksdale AFB, La. 71110.
Still lost? Feel free to call us at (318) 456-5553 or (318) 752-0055.